We hope this newsletter finds you all safe and well.
In our bid to stay fully committed to the UK market at L&L Europe we must adhere to all codes and practises referencing gambling in the UK. As such, following the announcement of the IGRG Gambling Industry Code for Socially Responsibility 6th Edition October 2020, we have the below requirements that we request our affiliate partners adhere to.
- Advertisement Disclosure: Wherever our brands are being promoted in the UK with a tracking link, there must be some form of advertising disclosure in place. The ad disclosure must be clearly visible on each page where an L&L Europe brand has exposure. We suggest using ‘#Ad’ on our listings if you currently don’t have this in place. This stands for all traffic sources, gambling related or otherwise, whether it be; SEO, PPC, emails, SMS, media or YouTube.
- PPC Adverts: All PPC ads in the UK must feature the following social responsibility messages in its ad copy on display: ‘18+, Gamble Responsibly’
- Responsible Gaming: We request that affiliates include responsible gaming content on their sites. This can be in the form of a page solely dedicated to RG (recommended) or a paragraph of RG content featured on all pages throughout your sites. If you are stuck for content to add, please reach out to your affiliate manager as we are more than happy to supply suggestions. An example of RG content can be found below*
- YouTube – We will continue to allow videos and streams of our brands in the UK on this platform. However, all videos must be age gated, so that only verified over 18 accounts can view the content.
- Twitch – We no longer allow our brands to be streamed from the UK on the Twitch platform. For clarification, if you are based in the UK and/or your account is in GBP this means you can’t stream from any L&L Europe brand. We also ask that any banners and links are removed from any such pages.
Please note, the above does not supersede any previous guidelines given, rather are in addition to our current UK affiliate guidelines.
As with any such guidelines we request that our affiliate partners make such changes as promptly as they can. If you have any issues doing this in a timely manner, or if you have any questions on the above, please reach out to your affiliate manager.
We would like to take this time to thank our affiliate partners for the due diligence shown in the UK market. Strong partnerships and continually working together allows us to remain in the UK market and continue to grow.
* “Please play responsibly. The Covid-19 crisis has caused a worldwide disruption to people’s income, harmed their mental health, and is creating increased social isolation. These factors contribute to problem gambling.We recommend for those who play games of chance to use account limits, such as a deposit limit, to ensure that you are playing responsibly and within a budget. Figure out your discretionary income by calculating the money you have left over after taxes and bills / phone / water / food / rent etc. Using your full discretionary income for gambling is not a responsible level, make sure to set only a portion for gambling and leave discretionary funds for other activities. If you find you are having a hard time staying in control, please contact Gamcare for support (https://www.gamcare.org.uk/) and sign up to the national self exclusion service Gamstop (www.gamstop.co.uk). If you decide to close your account at one casino, make sure to contact all the casinos where you have an account and close them too.”